NOTE: Be as precise as possible, shoe sizes vary by the millimeter!
While sitting, with socks on...
1) get a piece of LETTER sized paper, a pen and a cloth measuring tape (or string & a ruler)
2) sitting down place foot on paper, however it fits best
3) with the pen perpendicular to the paper and snug against your foot - draw a complete outline of your foot.
4) do NOT angle pencil to make it around toes or arches. Straight up and down
5) next - using the cloth tape take a ball measurement of your foot (the largest part right behind big toe and baby toe joints) all the way around your foot. Circumference. Keep the tape snug. Repeat - snugly all the way around the foot.
6) write the ball measurement on paper - you will see from your foot drawing the ball measurement is angled, not straight across.
7) scan and email the drawing to email@example.com - do NOT send a photo of the drawing or else size dimensions will be lost.